GENERAL LEGAL RESEARCH DATABASES:
- In the "Browse All Content" tab on the main home screen, click "Secondary Sources," then "Law Reviews & Journals" (under "By Type").
- From here, you can search all law reviews and journals at once or limit by national jurisdiction, state or topic.
- From the main home screen, click the down arrow on the left tab underneath the red search box and check "Secondary Sources," and click the down arrow on the right tab underneath the red search box and check "Insurance Law."
- Enter search terms and run a search.
- In the search results screen, click "Law Reviews and Journals" under "Content Type" in the "Narrow by..." left navigation pane.
- From the main home page, click on the orange tab button along the top of the screen "Legal Analysis and News"
- A gray sub-tab box will appear. Click on "BNA Law Reports."
- In the "Search BNA Law Reports" box to the right, enter the term "insurance." All recent BNA Law Reports (which are legal analysis and news authored by BNA) involving insurance will appear in your results list on a new page.
LEGAL PERIODICAL DATABASES:
You may also access the following subscription databases as a current Touro Law student. Access is available through any computer on campus, or if working remotely, by signing into TLC Web and then accessing the database.
In order to access any of these databases from our library home page, click on the corresponding hyperlink, then scroll down to the database you wish to use, and click on the link to it. The database should then be available for your use. (If you are working off-campus, please be sure to be signed into TLC Web first.) If you have any trouble accessing any database, please contact a reference librarian.
- Provides indexed and searchable access to 11 current and historical insurance law related publications
- From the main home screen, click "Law Journal Library" under "Subscribed Libraries" in the left navigation pane.
- Click "Subject" after "Browse by:" in the center of the screen.
- Scroll down and click the plus sign next to "Insurance" to access all insurance law periodicals.
Index to Legal Periodicals with Full Text (WilsonWeb)
- National and international coverage and access to scholarly articles, symposia, jurisdictional surveys, court decisions, legislation, books, book reviews, and more.
Index to Legal Periodicals Retrospective (WilsonWeb)
- Indexes over 750 legal periodicals published in the United States and other countries.
- Covers annual surveys of the laws of a jurisdiction and federal courts, yearbooks, annual institutes, as well as annual reviews of the work in a given field or topic.
- Searchable database of major law reviews, legal newspapers, bar association journals and international legal journals.
- There is a basic search and advanced search option, as well as a search by subject or publication. For each subject, you can open the "Related Subjects" link for further results.