Print versions of general insurance law texts and treatises are primarily located in the call number KF1135 - KF1236 range, located on the first floor of the library. Browsing this section is recommended for locating additional sources. Sources include:
Couch on Insurance 3d
- KF1159.5 .C622
- Edited by Steven Plitt, Daniel Maldonado and Joshua D. Rogers
- Multi-volume looseleaf providing in-depth analysis of all aspects of insurance law
- Contains extensive case notes, citations and West key numbers
- Also includes separate volumes for Forms, Index and Table of Cases
- Also available on WestlawNext - From "Browse All Content" tab in the home screen, click "Secondary Sources," then "Insurance Law" (under "By Topic"), then "Couch on Insurance."
New Appleman on Insurance Law
- KF1164 .A76
- Editors-in-chief: Jeffrey E. Thomas and Francis J. Mootz, III
- Multi-volume looseleaf set taking a modern approach to understanding insurance case law
- Slowly taking the place of the previous Appleman insurance treatises Appleman on Insurance 2d and Insurance Law and Practice
- Supplemented by separate bound volume containing Table of Contents, Correlation Table and Indexes
- Further supplemented annually by Current Critical Issues in Insurance Law volumes and by New Appleman Insurance Law Practice Guide
- Also available on Lexis Advance: Click the "Browse Sources" link above the red search box in the main home screen, then search "New Appleman" in the "Search Sources" box on the left navigation pane. This will return all of the various New Appleman insurance treatises available on Lexis Advance.
Business Insurance Law and Practice Guide
- Practice guide developed to aid insurance companies and attorneys who advise businesses of all sizes.
- Includes analysis, practice tips and case law and statutory references.
- Available on Lexis Advance: Click the "Browse Sources" link above the red search box in the main home screen, then search "Business Insurance Law and Practice Guide" in the "Search Sources" box on the left navigation pane. Click on "View Table of Contents" to browse.
Understanding Insurance Law
- KF1164 .J47 2012
- Authors: Robert H. Jerry II and Douglas R. Richmond
- Textbook style analysis of insurance law designed to make core substantive components of insurance law accessible to law students and to general practitioners unfamiliar with the topic.
Insurance Law in a Nutshell
- KF1164.3 .D6 2003
- Author: John F. Dobbyn
- Covers the fundamentals of insurance law, including topics such as insurable interest, risk, insurer defenses, waiver and estoppel, recovery, subrogation, reinsurance, and bonds. In addition, expert analysis provides a sense of the peculiar directions insurance law would take, and their erroneous outcomes, if the pure principles of contract law were applied.
Insurance: Cases and Materials on Coverage, Claims, and Litigation
- KF1163 .Z35
- Author: Barry Zalma
- Consists primarily of key insurance law cases, with brief introductions to each section and occasional analysis.