The Consolidated Laws of New York
New York State Assembly
- Free online resource.
- The Code is unannotated.
- Navigate by clicking on the link for the Title (subject) in which you want to search. Also searchable by word or phrase.
McKinney's Consolidated Laws of New York Annotated
- Available through WestlawNext
- From the main search page, click on the tab, "State Materials" located under the "Browse" heading. At the next page, click on the link for "New York." Once on the New York page, click on the link "Statutes & Court Rules" in the top right hand side box, which is entitled "Browse New York." Then, click the link to the topic in the Code in which you wish to search.
- You can also select the "All Content" tab on the WestlawNext homepage, and under that tab, click the link, "Statutes & Court Rules." On the Statutes page, click the link for "New York," then click the link to the topic in the Code in which you wish to search.
- Once you're at the New York Statutes & Court Rules page, under "Tools & Resources," (on the top right of the page), you can find links to search historical statutes, bill tracking, the unannotated code, and Westlaw's available legislative history and bill jackets for New York statutes.
New York Consolidated Laws Service: Annotated Statutes with Forms
- Available through Lexis Advance: Click the "Browse Sources" link above the red search box, then, using the "Search Sources" box in the left navigation pane, search "NY - New York Consolidated Laws Service".
- Click "View Table of Contents" to browse, and select the link to the topic in the Code in which you wish to search using the drop down arrows.
Bloomberg Law - New York Legislative Materials
- Bloomberg provides access to a variety of different New York legislative materials. Their version of the code is unannotated.
- From the main Start page, in the "Getting Started" box, click on the link for "State Law" resources. From there, click on New York State on the map. At the "New York" page, click on the link for "N.Y. Legislative."
- From there, you can access the New York Consolidated Laws, as well as many other links to New York legislative materials. When using the New York Consolidated Laws, you can either click the link to the topic in the Code in which you wish to search, or search by keyword.