Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
American Bar Association
American Bar Association
- ABA Center for Professional Responsibility
- The Center provides national leadership in developing and interpreting standards and scholarly resources in legal and judicial ethics, professional regulation, professionalism and client protection.
- ABA Ethics Opinions
- Members of the American Bar Association have access to complimentary formal ethics opinion online library of formal opinions issued since 1984. If you are not a member of the American Bar Association and looking for older archives, formal opinions issued since 1983 are available for individual purchase via pdf download.
- National Lawyer Regulatory Data Bank
- The ABA National Lawyer Regulatory Data Bank is the only national repository of information concerning public regulatory actions relating to lawyers throughout the United States. It was established in 1968 and is operated under the aegis of the ABA Standing Committee on Professional Discipline.
New York Bar
New York State Bar
- NYSBA Law Practice Management
- Law Practice Management resources provide lawyers, law firm managers and legal professionals with information on practice management trends, marketing, client development, legal technology and finance. Checklists, best practices, publications, and continuing legal education programs provide up-to-date information and practical tips.
- NYSBA Risk Management For Lawyers
- Designed for all practicing attorneys regardless of their level of expertise, this program will provide practical tips to help improve your practice and lessen the possibility of a malpractice claim or grievance. The program includes an overview of the New York Rules of Professional Conduct, disciplinary rules, recent developments and cases of interest.
Bloomberg Lawyers’ Manual on Professional Conduct
This resource offers many helpful guides on professionalism as an attorney. It includes ABA Ethics Opinions, news on legal ethics, state and local ethics opinions, practice guides on subjects such as fees or misconduct, ABA rules and comparison charts, books and treatises on professional conduct subjects, as well as state ethics resources.
These resources can be accessed by clicking on "Practice Centers" under the search bar then click "Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility" from the drop down menu.
- Legal Ethics Forum
- This blawg discusses recent court decisions and news stories related to legal ethics issues - lawyer advertising, attorney-client privilege, multijurisdictional practice - and follows news stories of allegations and trials related to lawyer or judicial misconduct.
- Legal Profession Blog
- Covers a variety of general interest legal topics and is especially focused on ethics, professional responsibility and the practice of law.
- Ethics Guru
- Although this blog is no longer regularly updating, you can still find information regarding legal ethics and professional responsibility. It was maintained by James M. McCauley who is the Ethics Counsel for the Virginia State Bar.
RSS Feed: ABA Journal - Ethics